Why do I need this document?
One of the risks providers accept is that their services will not assist the participant to achieve their goals. This activity also assists with demonstrating your ‘competence’ as per the NDIS Code of Conduct.
This is an Excel spreadsheet to assist you to determine how many of your participants’ ‘intervention goals’ have been achieved, and the reasons why any were not achieved. Knowing why goals are not achieved will assist you to improve your practice.
The Excel document attached has formula inserted into the fields to assist you to quickly undertake a quality improvement (QI) activity. There is sample data inserted into the spreadsheet to show you how it works.
The source data you will need to collect is on your participants’ NDIS Support Plan.
Unless you have been collecting your goal attainment outcomes in a way that can be readily accessed, you may need to wait until you have used the NDIS Support Plan we have provided to complete this audit.
It is very difficult in small services to get ‘statistical level samples’. For a small practice (2-3 allied health professionals (AHPs)), we suggest a sample size of 10 randomly selected participants’ information per AHP in your team will be enough to give you a feel how effective your services are. If you have 6 AHPs then 3 x 10 will probably alert you to any trends. If you do this once a year and take note of any shifts in your general outcomes you should have confidence your services are on track.
Why the auditors like it
They can see:
- you are undertaking QI activities to improve the services you provide to NDIS participants
- the services you are providing are assisting NDIS participants to achieve their goals
- OPEN the Goal Attainment QI Activity Form – look at the Sample Data inserted
- CONSIDER when you will be able to complete the audit and how many participant files you will need to include (noting above comment re: timing).
- INSERT your own data collected from the NDIS Support Plans you have completed
- DETERMINE follow up action required and document it has been completed
- SET date for future Goal Attainment Audit