Understanding your registration requirements
This is important so you know which resources you need to meet your registration requirements – Verification, Certification or Certification with additional requirements.
Depending on the services you provide and the size and structure of your business, the NDIA Quality and Safeguards Commission (The Commission) will ask you to complete requirements relating to one of the following four categories:
- A Verification audit against the Verification Module of the NDIS Practice Standards
- A Verification audit against the Verification Module of the NDIS Practice Standards PLUS one or more sections of other NDIS Practice Standards
- A Certification audit against the Core Module of the NDIS Practice Standards
- A Certification audit against the Core Module of the NDIS Practice Standards PLUS one or more Specialised Support Modules e.g. Early Childhood Supports Module, Specialist Behaviour Support Module, Specialist Support Coordination Module.
To ensure you use the correct Pathway on this website for your service, we suggest you confirm your registration requirements with the Commission.
- Confirm with the Commission by calling 1800 035544 or
- Begin to complete your online NDIS Provider registration application at https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/providers/provider-registration
Once you have entered details about your business and the supports/services you provide (or wish to provide), you will be informed what your registration requirements are and so which Pathway you will need to use.
Additional registration requirements
While the bulk of your requirements are spelt out in your relevant Module (i.e. Verification or Core) there are some specific HR-related things you need to make sure you do as these will be audited. Don’t worry. These will be explained to you, along with tools to help you demonstrate compliance, as you work through your registration Pathway.
- All workers to comply with the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Workers must have Proof of Identity and Right to Work checks
- Fulfil worker screening requirements and ensure all workers have been screened
- Workers meet any additional requirements specific to their profession as laid out in the NDIS Practice Standards: Verification Module – Required Documentation. Note: These same requirements apply to those doing Certification.
Once you are clear about your Pathway, you can click on the relevant Pathway overview and begin your preparations.
Registered NDIS Providers are required to renew their registration so that the NDIS Commission can be satisfied that the supports and services to NDIS participants are being delivered in line with the new quality and safeguarding requirements for the NDIS.
AHPA is currently seeking clarification from the NDIS Commission about some specific requirements for registration renewal.
In the meantime you can:
- refer to the Application Pack – Registration renewal process guide
- contact the registration team at the Commission on 1800 035544 for information relevant to your own business.