More information about the AHPA webinars
This webinar series was designed to help providers use the resources on this website. Live presentations were recorded for Verification and Your Questions Answered. Presentations on Certification were pre-recorded.
The webinar series follows the structure below:
- 1 x ‘Overview’ webinar to assist providers to understand what is required to become registered.
- A Verification series
- 1 x ‘Introduction to the Verification Module and the related website resources’
- 3 webinars on the ‘Verification Module practice standards
- A Certification series
- 1 x ‘Introduction to the Certification Core Module’ and the related website resources
- 4 webinars on the Certification Core Module practice standards
- 1 webinar on creating a quality management system
- 1 Q&A webinar responding to questions submitted prior to the presentation
The webinar presenters, Kate Loxton and Jennifer Barron, are both occupational therapists. They have worked together on many safety and quality related system projects. This includes successfully achieving compliance against the NSW Disability Service Standards for Kate’s multidisciplinary allied health company. They have recently been working together to successfully assist allied health sole traders and small businesses to set up quality management systems for the purpose of business improvement and third party audits for NDIS registration.
Kate now still maintains a clinical caseload as well as being the Chair of the Sydney North Primary Health Network. Kate is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors so also brings governance expertise. Jennifer has held management and consulting roles related to quality and safety for the past 28 years. She has been an auditor, trained auditors and been involved in developing standards for the community care industry. Both run their own small business.